Employers may host events and presentations about their organization. While these meetings can be valuable for both students and employers, we caution that it can be difficult to build an audience at various times of year. We cannot guarantee student attendance, and it is possible very few students will attend your information session/recruiting event. Especially for organizations that are new to recruiting at Harvard, we recommend hosting coffee chats.
Should you decide to host an individual event, please see our guidelines below.
Scheduling an Information Session/Recruiting Event
All recruiting events must be requested via the registration form and confirmed by the Employer Relations team. When your requested date & time has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the Employer Relations Team. Confirmation is required prior to our office promoting your event details.To minimize conflict and maximize student attendance, peak recruiting timeslots have been identified. During peak recruiting timeslots, the Employer Relations team will not advertise conflicting employer events.
Tiered Event Promotion Fees
- $500: Full Semester Promotion - Employers are provided with an exclusive peak recruiting timeslot (4pm ET or after during 8/16/21-9/16/21) in addition to the promotion of 2+ events during off-peak dates/times.
- $300: Peak Recruiting Event Promotion - Exclusive promotion of one event taking place during the peak recruiting period (4pm ET or after during 8/16/21-9/16/21).
- $150: Off-Peak Recruiting Event Promotion - Promotion of one fall recruiting event taking place outside of the peak recruiting period. Peak recruiting period is considered 4pm ET or after during 8/16/21-9/16/21.
- $0: Non-Profit / Government Recruiting Event - Non-profit and government organizations are not charged a promotional fee.
Peak Recruiting Dates
- Fall 2021 - The peak recruiting period is considered 4pm ET or after between Monday, August 16th, 2021 to Thursday, September 16th, 2021. During this time, the Employer Relations team will not advertise conflicting employer events.
- Spring 2020 - Peak recruiting period has concluded.
Virtual Platforms / Locations
Recognizing the continued health and safety risks close-proximity and large scale events pose, as well as the policies of our employer partners, we are taking requests and scheduling virtual events for fall 2021 at this time. Employers have reported success conducting recruiting events via virtual meeting platforms like Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, and BlueJeans.
- We recommend making your virtual event as engaging as possible by enabling video for all presenters and taking questions from students.
- As students are spread across time zones, it’s helpful to record the presentation whenever possible to send to students unable to attend at the event time.