Employers may host events and presentations about their organization. While these meetings can be valuable for both students and employers, we caution that it can be difficult to build an audience at various times of year. We cannot guarantee student attendance, and it is possible very few students will attend your information session/recruiting event. Especially for organizations that are new to recruiting at Harvard, we recommend attending one of our career fairs and hosting coffee chats rather than scheduling an individual event.
Should you decide to host an individual event, please see our networking & information session guidelines below.
Scheduling an Information Session/Recruiting Event
All recruiting events must be requested via the registration form and confirmed by the Employer Relations team to ensure a non-competing presentation date and time. To minimize conflict and maximize student attendance, evening recruiting events can only be held at 5:00pm, 6:30pm, or 8:00pm EST. When your requested date & time has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the Employer Relations Team. Confirmation is required prior to our office promoting your event details.
Fees: There is a flat $500 promotional fee for recruiting events. Payment information is submitted as part of the event registration form. There is no promotional fee for nonprofit or government organizations.
SUMMER (May-August 2020): Recruiting Event Registration Form
FALL (September-December 2020): Recruiting Event Registration Form
Recommended Venues / Virtual Platforms
Virtual Locations / Platforms
Recognizing the continued health and safety risks close-proximity events pose, the Harvard FAS Office of Career Services has made the decision to transition all fall 2020 campus recruiting events, career fairs, and interviews to a virtual format.
Employers have reported success conducting recruiting events via virtual meeting platforms like Zoom, WebEx, and BlueJeans.
- We recommend making your virtual event as engaging as possible by enabling video for all presenters and taking questions from students.
- As students are spread across time zones, it’s helpful to record the presentation whenever possible to send to students unable to attend at the event time.
- Note: For an added cost of $250 the Office of Career Services can provide a virtual meeting link for your recruiting event.
Recommended Venues in Harvard Square
Please note for fall 2020: Recognizing the continued health and safety risks close-proximity events pose, the Harvard FAS Office of Career Services has made the decision to transition all fall campus recruiting events, career fairs, and interviews to a virtual format.
Employer presentations/recruiting events are not permitted in classroom space, we recommend the below venues in Harvard Square.
- The Harvard Faculty Club – Christine Haverty (617.384.9721 / email@example.com)
- Charles Hotel – Jennifer Halpin (617.661.5024 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sheraton Commander – Judy Brillhart (617.234.1362 / email@example.com)
Office of Career Services – Request via the Event Registration Form (limited availability)
OCS space may be requested for a $500 fee but is subject to availability and may include space at 54 Dunster Street or at the Harvard SOCH (59 Shepard Street). Please note OCS space is very limited in September.
- Crimson Catering - 617.496.6000
- Basil Tree Catering - 617.776.9100
- Pinocchio's Pizza & Subs - 617.876.4897
- Felipe's - 617.354.9944
- Whole Foods - 617.491.0040
- see https://www.harvardsquare.com/restaurants for additional options