Employers may host events and presentations about their organization at local venues in Harvard Square. While these meetings can be valuable for both students and employers, we caution that it can be difficult to build an audience at various times of year. We cannot guarantee student attendance, and it is possible very few students will attend your information session/recruiting event. Especially for organizations that are new to campus, we recommend attending one of our career fairs and hosting coffee chats rather than scheduling an individual event.
Should you decide to host an individual event, please see our networking & information session guidelines below and note that employer presentations/recruiting events are not permitted in classroom space.
Scheduling an Information Session/Recruiting Event
All recruiting events must be requested via the registration form and confirmed by the Employer Relations team to ensure a non-competing presentation date and time. To minimize conflict and maximize student attendance, evening recruiting events can only be held at 5:00pm, 6:30pm, or 8:00pm. When your requested date & time has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the Employer Relations Team. Confirmation is required prior to our office promoting your event details.
Fees: There is a flat $500 promotional fee for recruiting events. Payment information is submitted as part of the event registration form. There is no promotional fee for nonprofit or government organizations.
- The Harvard Faculty Club – 617.384.9721, Christine Haverty
- Charles Hotel – 617.661.5024, Jennifer Halpin
- Sheraton Commander – 617.234.1362, Judy Brillhart
- Office of Career Services – Request via the Event Registration Form (limited availability)
- Crimson Catering - 617.496.6000
- Basil Tree Catering - 617.776.9100
- Pinocchio's Pizza & Subs - 617.876.4897
- Felipe's - 617.354.9944
- Whole Foods - 617.491.0040
- see https://www.harvardsquare.com/restaurants for additional options
*OCS space may be requested for a $500 fee but is subject to availability and may include space at 54 Dunster Street or at the Harvard SOCH (59 Shepard Street). Please note OCS space is very limited in September.