Employers and alumni may offer internships (paid or unpaid) or job-shadowing experiences between January 4-22, 2021. These experiences allow students to observe and ask questions, gain hands-on experience, learn about an organization or industry, and build relationships. View a sample of previous January experiences (pdf).
Create your January Experience
Internships during the January break can be structured similarly to summer internships, simply within a shorter timeframe.
Job shadowing experiences can be 1-2 days in length. Here are examples of activities you may want to include in a job shadow experience:
- Shadowing you on a typical workday
- Attending workplace meetings
- Conducting informational interviews with colleagues
- Undertaking a voluntary small project or relevant research assignment
- Serving alongside you in volunteer work
- Discussing industry trends and your organization's mission
- Participating in an educational tour conducted by your office
Post a January Experience
Organizations or alumni interested in hosting a student this January for an internship or job shadow experience may list a posting in our Crimson Careers system. Please create a (or log into your) Crimson Careers account, click on “post a job,” select "January Experience (Job Shadow, Internship)" as the Position Type on the posting form, and submit the details of the experience you are offering.
Note: The Office of Career Services is unable to provide funding for these experiences.
We thank you for your interest in helping Harvard students explore the world of work.